Fraz. S. Cristina 22, 06024 Gubbio,
Achingly beautiful panoramas take in wooded hills, farmland, olive groves and the odd tower-topped hamlet – feel on top of the world! The big solid farmhouse, meticulously restored, has become a delightful B&B run by Salvatore and Sarah. Now the spacious ground floor, with its beamed ceilings, excellent kitchen and deeply comfortable beds, can be rented out for a group of eight. Cowshed Cottage stands behind, a snug retreat for two, with its own pergola and paving for wining and dining. Step in to find two bright rooms divided by a curtain, a living space in one (corner kitchen, check-clothed table, little sofabed) and a simple bedroom in the other, plus a top-notch shower. Outside, paved paths lead through old olive and cherry trees, lavender and herbs (plus a little veg patch for guests to raid) to a hammock, pergola and exquisitely sited infinity pool – yours to share. Sarah has thought of every last detail: their own olive oil and limoncello to buy; truffle and asparagus foraging tips; horse riding and paragliding; pizza making (and eating), too... feel free to join in. Good restaurants are an easy drive.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Have you visited La Cuccagna?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 2
- 1 Apartment for 8
January to mid-March.
Fraz. S. Cristina 22, 06024 Gubbio, Perugia