78 Upperthong Lane, Holmfirth, HD9 3BQ,
England, United Kingdom
A Victorian gentleman’s residence just a short walk up the hill from the centre of bustling Last of the Summer Wine Holmfirth, still with its working Picturedrome cinema (touring bands too), arts and folk festivals, restaurants and shops. Attentive hosts look after you when the Whites are away. Peaceful bedrooms have a mix of contemporary, Art Nouveau and Art Deco pieces, caramel cream velvets and silks, spoiling bathrooms and lovely valley or garden views. A full choice Yorkshire breakfast will set you up for a lazy stroll round the charming gardens, or a brisk yomp through rural bliss.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Mike & Sue Ardley:
- We are just a 5 minute walk downhill to the centre of Holmfirth, heart of 'Last of the Summer Wine' country! Take a scenic bus tour of the character's favourite haunts including Sid's Cafe & Norah Batty's cottage. NB. Bill Owen (Compo) is buried next door
- Right in the centre of Holmfirth, the Picturedrome is perhaps the best intimate music venue in the North of England. Make a night of it and stroll to one of the many excellent eateries before moving on to listen to and watch one of your favourite bands.
- We are on the edge of the Peak District National Park offering magnificent scenery, exhilarating walks, testing cycle routes and inspiring photographic opportunities! Blow away the cobwebs and take a walk with the celebrated local artist - Ashley Jackson
- Let the train take the strain. Pop into Manchester for a day of culture or retail therapy. Try dim sum in China Town, explore a gallery or museum, shop in the Trafford or Arndale Centres, or catch an Imax film at the Printwork's multiscreen cinema.
- Take a tour of Holmfirth's Vineyard or visit the world famous Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Explore the popular monthly Farmers' Market. Throughout the year Holmfirth hosts many festivals of Art, Music & Food and Drink. Raining? drop down to the Mining Museum
- If it is peace and quiet you seek, then where better than at Sunnybank. Find a quiet corner of our garden, relax, enjoy afternoon tea, watch the birds - tree creepers, jays, woodpeckers are regular visitors in the leafy canopy shading the flower borders.
Have you visited Sunnybank?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
Minimum stay: 2 nights at weekends. Children over 12 welcome. Pets by arrangement.
78 Upperthong Lane, Holmfirth, HD9 3BQ, Yorkshire